Sunday, October 4, 2015

POINT 4 DISK SUBSYSTEM UTILITY & LOTUS 700 DISK CONTROLLER DIAGNOSTICS

On the next Microtech backup tape that I am restoring, 
( Labeled LU0-pos1; LU1-pos2; LU2-pos3 ), 
on track 0, I found these 2 segments with text in "English":

POINT 4 DISK SUBSYSTEM UTILITY
VERSION 1.4 SEP 17 1980

LOTUS 700 DISK CONTROLLER DIAGNOSTICS
VERSION 1.7 JAN 31 1981

I'll be posting the full text versions soon, along with my guess of the full binaries.

Here's a download of the full binary extraction from the entire Track 0.  Note, I added my own artistic interpretation to delineate filemarks.  Just search for the text "filemark" in your hex editor/reader.

Does this give us better clues as to what model, vintage, etc of Microtech machine that these once backed up?


No comments:

Post a Comment